Tuesday, November 3, 2009

coupla faerie's tails

Immediately after the book on Phosphorus, Cambridge University Press hired me to illustrate a book collecting 2 fairytails: The Emperor's New Clothes and The Musicians of Bremen.

The latter of which I knew nothing about (hiding under a rock an' all) and has since become my favourite!

I went a bit more 'old school' on these but kept the 'photoshop' attitude from the previous book; basically the inks, colours and shadows were all drawn seperately to give me the most control over each layer... I'm padantic that way ;)


For the emperor, I broke out the ol' markers left over from college but not dry; then for the musicians I opted for watercolours to give a subtle difference between the two...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!